The church is rectangular with one tower and apse. Churchyard fence – stone masonry. The bell tower of stone and brick is in the churchyard. The name of the St. Ona was given to the church built in Lenkimai in 1816. The church is built in the style of folk architecture with elements of Gothic and Classicism. Rear altar was set at the expense of Simonas Daukantas, he also decorated the church, bought the painting of the Blessed Virgin Mary, phenomenon of Angel, the St. Jurgis.
According to ancient legend the church was built on the old graves. In the old days here, though, there was a chapel. In the autumn of 2003, while changing floors the human bones were found.
Since 1848 the bells were installed in the tower of the church. During a severe fire in June 10, 1941 the chapel burned down. The large bell fell and cracked. In 1993, before the temple feast of St. Ona the remelted bell was installed on the tower of the church. Majestic sound of a new bell tower of the Lenkimai church calls the Christians to pray.
You can find the virtual tour: here