Historic church has Romanesque and Classical architectural features, a rectangular plan with a tower. Churchyard fence – stone masonry. A chapel was built by Duke Pranciškus Sapiega in the village of Truikinai in 1778. Land portage was donated to the chapel in 1797. The village is named Aleksandrija (of Aleksandras Sapiega). Bishop Motiejus Valančius allowed to build a new stone church in 1862. It was built under the supervision of the priest Liudvikas Ligeika. It‘s consecration was held by Bishop Pranciškus Karevičius in 1918. The church was filia of Skuodas parish.